[CF-Devel] Bug: show invisible and burning items

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Mon Jan 22 09:23:06 CST 2001

Hu, i was false with the teleporter.
It works, but with a immense delay of about 15-20 seconds.
Think, the mashine attached was very slow.

But the problem was still, that i got different results from
show invisible.

Like AV and Mark say, we really need a flag, to hide magic mouth
and others, and show the player only "real" stuff like hidden levers
- or hidden doors!

I think it is a good idea, to mark hidden doors also with show invisible?
Of course, not make then visible, this will not work, but we can fire an
animation on the position the door is, to give the player a hint.

      Hm, now a different one appears.

      I was now in the hall near kurte, where the 5 pentragrams are to

      travel to the past.

      I had cast show invisible. A TALK symbol for a magic mouth appears in the

      middle,

      where then the teleporter appears. After the teleporter appears,

      i step over

      it - nothing.

      It seems, that the teleporter get blocked, looks like from the

      magic mouth.

      If i press apply, the magic mouse get triggered.

      Hm, the bad thing is, that i can't trigger the teleporter "by hand".

      This can happens in other way, perhaps when items get dropped on the

      teleporter.

      This then blocks him. Bad, when you want flee.

      Teleporter should be also triggered by hand like doors with apply. This

      should trigger the

      same routine.

      Problem with this teleporter is, that there is a pedestal, which triggers

      the teleporter i think.

      We should find a solution for this. Or improve the "range" of the

      pedestal.

      > > > I had some fight to do, and after it i cast show inv

      > > > to unhide to door.

      > > > But only the "flash" comes out at the map point where the door is,

      > > > but the door don't appear.

      > > True, this happens. It is more a map bug I think.

      > > Items with flag "invisible 1" become visible on show-inv,

      > > so do items placed under the map-floor.

      > > The hidden oakdoor in "s_f/st3" is BOTH under the floor and

      > > "invisible 1". In this case show-inv. fails, and that is

      > > intentional (There must be some means of hiding stuff

      > > from all too curious players).

      >  The pup lands maps were done before enhancements to show

      invisible (so it

      > doesn't show things like magic ears and what not) was added, so

      > it is certainly

      > possible the map is presuming a different behaviour.

      > > > How show invisible works? Should it not unhide all invisible ?

      > > > When not, it should, its a pain like in maps for pupland

      > where whole sets

      > > > work with it.

      > > > I don't want enter a map x times, because i have a random

      in the show

      > > > invisible code.

      > > No, don't worry. This doesn't happen anywhere else to my knowing.

      > > However, a short note on show-invisible:

      > > While making maps I realized that we need a (simple and clean) way to

      > > mark any given object both as "invisible" and "not affectable

      > by show-inv".

      > > Typical example: I want to make an invisible teleporter, it has to be

      > > on top of the map-floor, but I don't want the player to discover it

      > > via sho-inv. Currently this is not possible (except for one dirty

      > > workaround).

      >  Right - some flag that determines if show invisible should

      > work/not work for

      > that object is needed.  However, that is a bit of work to update

      > all the arch's

      > and maps to use it (coding it probably would not be too hard - in

      > fact, it would

      > simplify the show invisible function).

      >  Whether the flag should be a positive flag (show invisible

      works for this

      > object) or negative (even with show invis, this should remain

      > invis) should

      > probably be determined by the relative number of objects (and

      > their use) that

      > fall into the category, and the method chosen should be such

      that requires

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com