[CF-Devel] Death of metaserver

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Mon Jan 22 22:47:51 CST 2001

Bob Tanner wrote:

      Anyway I can debug the metaserver?

      After a couple of days of running it just dies.

      I have "solved" this problem by wrapping the perl script inside a shell script

      that is just in an infinite loop.

 Things to check for:

 Is there any output from the script?  I don't know if your re-directing stdout
and stderr to a file or /dev/null - if to a file, anything in it?
 Any core files around?

 The first case should happen if there is some actual error in the code (the
code itself should loop forever, but I would guess there could be some
possibility that due to some strange connection attempt such that the metaserver
is trying to do something add that results in an error.

 The second case could happen if there is some problem with perl itself (and not
the script).  Perhaps there's a memory leak and its running out of memory, or
some other error that manifests itself.