[CF-Devel] cfclient+burning hands+floorless maps

Pertti Karppinen (OH6KTR) pjka at cc.jyu.fi
Wed Jan 31 06:11:09 CST 2001

I just found (atleast on sgi O2 box) that when you cast burning hands or
similar spells o a map that has no floor tile, it leaves lot of spell images
to map. They get erased when You walk over them though.

Also, I may completely clueless coder, but why does following code compile
without warnings on gcc (client/x11.c at the bottom):
   for (i=1; i<MAXPIXMAPNUM; i++) {
   if (pixmaps[i].pixmap && (pixmaps[i].pixmap!=pixmaps[0].pixmap)) {
       XFreePixmap(display, pixmaps[i].pixmap);
           pixmaps[i].pixmap=(Pixmap*)NULL;
	       if (pixmaps[i].mask) {
	       XFreePixmap(display, pixmaps[i].mask);
	       pixmaps[i].mask=(Pixmap*)NULL;

pixmaps[i].pixmap and pixmaps[i].mask are both of type
Pixmap, not  Pixmap *.
That code looks weird alltogether.
--
BSc. Pertti Karppinen <

     pjka at iki.fi

     >                   |'Bridge Players |
Systems Designer, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland    |      Do        |

     http://www.iki.fi/~pjka/

      | Office  : +358 14 260 2088 |      It        |
HAM: OH6KTR QTH: KP22UF  | Cellular: +358 40 564 0786 | on the Table'  |