[CF-Devel] Gods

Sean Michael Whipkey highway at cstone.net
Tue Jul 17 11:44:51 CDT 2001

Scott Barnes wrote:

      I've been studying the various "cults" in Crossfire, and I've noticed a

      few problems.  For one, many of the gods are not worth following.  In

      particular I've noticed this problem with Valriel and Sorig.  Valriel has

      some nice resistance advantages, but the "blessings" he gives are fairly

      useless unless you happen to be in a dungeon filled with demons (not very

      common) and by disallowing the cause wounds spells and the fact that his

      "holy word" only harms demons (which it doesn't hurt them much apparently,

      I've tried and I can barely kill an imp with it) which makes it close to

      impossible to gain wisdom levels.  With Sorig, the problem is the fact

My character follows Valriel, and I haven't seen that.

I got some great bonuses, and the light ability makes life a lot easier
in dark dungeons.

So I don't get wounds or disease.  The holy word/orb/etc. works on
undead and on demons.  I started leveling against undead, then went to
certain areas where I knew there were one or two demons and used holy
word on them to get more points (i.e., such as the basement of the Tower
of the Stars and the 2nd Slave Pit in Wolfsberg with the raas).

Do I use clerical as much as others?  Not as much as physique but my
character started as a fighter.  More than magic, though, since it's
much more reliable.

SeanMike