[CF-Devel] server problems

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Fri Jul 20 20:51:26 CDT 2001

ct: Re: [CF-Devel] server problems

      On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Michael Toennies wrote:

      > I notice 2 server problems

      > A minor one is, that the server sometimes send the client the face #0 as

      > used face.

      > This face is a dummy on server side (bug.111.png) which is not used from

      > client.

       Are you saying that the server is sending face 0 in terms of png data,

      or that the server is sending face 0 as the face to use for something?

       If the later case, what something?  If the map, that is perfectly valid

      (read the protocol doc) - that means to clear the face from being used

      on that layer of the map.

I don't know why, but the server sends sometimes the a face 0, and then the
client
ask for it. Perhaps a map releated bug.

      > The other point is, that i had removed the face cmd from the sdl client,

      > because

      > i always  send PNG|CACHE to him. Well sometimes, when i start the server

      > (different archfiles/pngfiles) he send the face cmd instead of

      face1 cmd.

      > It seems the server skips the checksum part as a side effect.

       the facemd does not include a checksum.

       The server will alway use the face1 cmd if the client is new enough.

      This also presumes the server is new enough (at least 0.96.0).  The

      code snippet is:

             if (ns->sc_version >= 1026)

                  strcpy((char*)sl.buf, "face1 ");

              else

                  strcpy((char*)sl.buf, "face ");

       So it seems that the likely case is that either the client is not

      not providing right sc_version to the server, or you are playing

      on an old server (from the metaserver list, only voldsboks.pvv.org

      is that old)

nope, the client do all correct. Most times i got a face1 cmd, but in some
ways,
i start the server and the client gets a face1 cmd. I can't see, this is
invoked by
the client.