[CF List] That name is already in use.

jbontje at suespammers.org jbontje at suespammers.org
Sun Jul 1 03:28:23 CDT 2001

On Sat, Jun 30, 2001 at 11:29:17PM -0500, Lane Holcombe wrote:

      I just discovered crossfire in my FreeBSD ports directory so I

      installed it but when I try to run it I get the same response

      for each character I try to create:  "That name is already in use."

      The FAQ seems to skip over this problem.

What version of crossfire is in your ports collection?
A friend of mine has 0.94.3 in it. (3 years old I guess)
The latest stable crossfire version is 1.0 ....
Download the latest version of crossfire from the website

     http://crossfire.real-time.com

      and optionaly ask for a port update.

I am quite sure that the latest crossfire version will fix your problem.

Joris Bontje / mids