[cf-admin] Admin Questions

John Draugr jdraugr at soznet.net
Thu Jun 14 13:53:48 CDT 2001

Hello All,
     I am new to the crossfire community. I did play a bit many years ago, but now I am attempting to run my own Windows32 server. I have the compiled W32 server running right now, but before I open the game to the public, I am doing some testing, I also may decide to build my own world from scratch. Anyhow, I have some questions. First, how do I make myself a GM? I followed the instructions I found and I edited the dm_file. I forgot the exact name, but it was the right file. I put in the following line
Draugr:password:*
Yet when I log in and type the command dm, i am told Sorry Pal. What do I have to do to get admin access to my server? Also, is there any online tools for account management or typical Admin necessary tools?

I appreciate any help I get. Also, could you please mail me direct at

     Jdraugr at soznet.net

      I just signed up for this list and sometimes I dont get the mails from the actual list. The above questions are very important for me to successfully run my server.

Thanks again.