[CF-Devel] Re: Crossfire IT-Project

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Jun 1 02:05:02 CDT 2001

Hello,

  Wait a while before you decide on doing a java editor.
I think some work is already in progress on producing
a map editor.

  This would be a good time for people to remind the list
what they're working on.

PeterM

      Hi Adam,

      In my opinion CF needs a new and improved Map-Editor, ideally

      in Java to be available cross platform.

      The current Crossedit Editor is only available for Unix and

      XWindows. This closes out potential map-makers that have

      a Windows OS (which are 95% of all desktop users).

      End-User usability is a big issue. In my opinion it is close

      to unusable for technically non-skilled people. In many cases

      you need to enter bitmask-numbers, data fields change meaning

      depending on object context etc. This can probably done much

      better with a good dialog and interface design.

      Maybe you want to have your students tackle this ? An open

      source approach would be nice.

      Regards,

      Zack

      Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at

      http://webmail.

     netscape.com/

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com