[CF-Devel] Hot projects

gros yann.chachkoff at mailandnews.com
Sun Jun 10 19:52:23 CDT 2001

I - About Scripts
------------

      3.) Scripting: Scriptfire

      Scripting is so great and gros scriptfire works fine.

      This will give us the chance to include this from bottom up.

      MW will put it in CVS, so we can use it in all versions.

      I said it should probably be put it, but didn't actually volunteer myself

      to do it  Gros - do you think it is ready for inclusion?

No big problems have been encountered on the MiDS test server, so I think it
should be ready for inclusion into the official Crossfire server. I'll post
the latest revision (b11) Monday 10th before 8:00PM (GMT+2 time) with a
simple sample quest. Feel free to include it into CVS (as a side effect, if
scripts are included into main CVS stream, people will start to play with it,
bugs will be quicker to find).

II - About MT's work
---------------

      I just wanted to say that I am very excited about the work Michael is

      doing here. Sometimes I wish his work would get a little more appreciation.

     That's true. So I say it: I find Michael's work great.

      I personally believe that iso-view is great and worth going for - As

      it evens the way to smooth gameplay with tiles being almost not noticeable

      (for example). All the great games like Starcraft, Diablo, Baldur's Gate

      etc, they all use iso for good reason.

     Yes, iso-view would be great. Of course,it causes some problems, as any new
stuff. But it is not a sufficient reason to continue to ignore iso-view. Yes,
it'll need work. But the results will be worth doing it.

Chachkoff Y.