[CF-Devel] cvs commit

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Wed Jun 13 16:49:10 CDT 2001

I tried a simple cvs.... -f commit...
Following the CVS docs, this should run through the active directory and
try to submit the files in it.

That was what happend, except that there was no cotent check from cvs.
All files are grapped and forced to check in.

I can't see hy this happend.

A mistake by me, a cvs bug or a setup problem by our cvs?

Michael

      On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Michael Toennies wrote:

      > Huch, last commit graped some files i commit before.

      > i tried recursive commit - was working a bit to perfect.

       I've seen CVS do this a bit.

       IT seems that CVS looks at something other than contents to determine

      if a file has changed (either time or inode number I guess).  Often with

      the client, it will says the sounds and soundsdef.h files are modified,

      even though a cvs diff shows them to be exactly the same as what is in CVS

      (these files perhaps should not even be in CVS, since they are

      automatically

      generated anyways).

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com