[CF-Devel] Compiling CVS warnings

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruznet.com
Wed Jun 13 18:47:43 CDT 2001

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, Michael Toennies wrote:

      /home/unitel/cf/crossfire/install/client

      /usr/X11R6/bin/makedepend: warning:  gx11.c (reading /usr/include/glib.h,

      line 66): cannot find include file "glibconfig.h"

              not in ./glibconfig.h

              not in /usr/X11R6/include/glibconfig.h

              not in /usr/local/lib/gcc-include/glibconfig.h

              not in /usr/include/glibconfig.h

              not in

      /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux/egcs-2.91.66/include/glibconfig.h

 I'm not too concerned with make depend errors.  This is somewhat because
there are actually quite a few of them, mostly caused because
makedepend doesn't get all the same flags the compiler gets (and doesn't
know about custom install directories for the compiler I believe).  Such
errors, while obnoxious, end up being harmless.

      In file included from gx11.c:111:

      png.c: In function `png_to_gdkpixmap':

      png.c:201: warning: variable `has_alpha' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or

      `vfork'

      In file included from x11.c:294:

      png.c: In function `png_to_xpixmap':

      png.c:565: warning: variable `has_alpha' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or

      `vfork'

      png.c:565: warning: variable `cmask' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or

      `vfork'

      png.c:565: warning: variable `lastcolor' might be clobbered by `longjmp' or

      `vfork'

 I'll fix those up.  in our particular case, this won't happen (if
longjmp is in fact called, the function will exit, and thus won't use
any of those variables).  But making the code compile cleaner is always
a good thing.