[CF-Devel] area spells

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Wed Jun 20 23:19:17 CDT 2001

I don't follow this? You mean the skull is casting the same thing a few
times?

On a similar note, I noticed last night if you over cast with holy word
and get the message "you fumble the spell" it acts as a counter spell.
Clearing any holy word in the same area as if I had cast a holy word. What
this means is if you hit holy word 5 times, you get x damage, when you hit
it 6-7 you get x/4 or so. Basically holy word keeps coming out after you
cast and the second you get a fumble spell it terminates them all, thus
rapid casting = much less damage than casting a few and regenerating. This
IMHO is very broken.

On a similar sort of bug, if you use skill literacy on a book of a higher
level than you could in theory read (so it doesn't actually identify) then
you read that book (even though you shouldn't be able to) you ALWAYS
succeed. I haven't been able to do massive testing with this one, but the
3 or 4 I managed to test all proved positive.

Another one which I have already metioned, Monks are using weapons with
a scroll of melee weapons and retaining mediation. What I would like to
see is adding the removal of mediation skill if one of these scrolls is
read (if it is there) and adding a warning message.. "by reading this
scroll you will no longer be at peace, your karma will be lost" or
something. This can then be applied to Sorcerors, we can give sorcerors
meditation or melee weapons, it is for the user to decide =).

I have heard of this jump bug before, answer seems obvious just make jump
do call the normal attack code if it hits a monster, or just stop if it
hits a monster.

Is anyone around who can either a) help me fix these serious bugs, or b)
fix them themselves? The list is etting suffiecently long that I would
agree to a 1.0.1 release including the new SDL client properly tested
(which I am currently doing). Mark?

dnh