[CF-Devel] I have finally got 'round to png-ing the old xpm art

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 1 03:05:35 CST 2001

I've converted some of the old xpm art to centered-png images.
I.e., I have complete images for the xpm monsters (animations and all)
in png format.  I did not scale them, so they look just like the xpm
art.  I've done this for some of the nicer buildings as well.

Now all I need to do is split the pngs up.  Once I have done that
I see no reason to keep xpms or xbms around anymore.

I think Mich Toen is right about the current png set's "iso-ness".
It just looks wrong.  I think we should do as he suggests and
replace the "iso" monster images, at the very least, with
forward-facing ones, or at least ones which are standing straight
instead of at some bizarre angle and which look bad.

BTW, if the salvaged xpms end up replacing any GOOD png art,
it sounds like a perfect opportunity to create more monsters.

PeterM