[CF-Devel] CF sounds

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Fri Mar 2 12:14:04 CST 2001

Hm ,thats true.

But let me say: I had collect every sound and reworked/transformed then
in cool edit.

No one of this sounds really looks like the sound it comes from.
Also, the format is different, the data is different, etc.

Some are from my fried Michael Sapendowski and he we can use them.

In easy words: Also when there is a "problematic" source for one of this
sounds,
no one will ever see or know it. Also, no one will care about it.

There is only one point you should avoid: Using unique sounds like speech
from movies or sounds from cartoons like the speed up sound from the road
runner
or stuff like that.

These are unique sounds every one can identify and they are not free.
But in fact, you can BUY most of this sounds for low. For 1-2$ for example
you
can buy them and use in a project - even this special sounds.

Browse through the new spell sounds, you will find that most of them are
simply
effect sounds - no unique stuff.

BTW: you really now the source of all of this old unix client sound files?

      Quoting Michael Toennies (

      michael.toennies at nord-com.net

      ):

      http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/cf_sounds

      > Feel free to add them to the other clients.

      > I collect them from "free" sources and others, so

      > it should be not problem with it add them to our open

      > source.

      Careful here. We don't want a Qt incident. Where it looks free,

      but it's not.

      --

      Bob Tanner <

      tanner at real-time.com