[CF-Devel] CF Java Editor

Michael Toennies michael.toennies at nord-com.net
Sun Mar 4 20:57:46 CST 2001

I have do some research how we can do a new editor in java.

In my opinion is java a superior language for tools like our editor
(and crap for serious programs :).

Most menus/parts (combo boxes, tile management) are part of the java
gfx&windows system.

Now, i have found 2 packages.

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~michtoen/CFJavaEditor

Gridder is a open map editor for some game.

Well, it has incuded some source and is exactly the kind of program
we want (of course we will change style, screen arangement etc.).

But its a good example and it will give us the whole "skeleton" of the
java program.

2nd problem is that you need a png lib for java. There are some out,
including
sets like the jai from sun - but they are all very large.

i found a small, fast and free package (from sixleg). I haf tested it, they
works fine and
fast.

Well, thats nearly all we need, its really easy to do.
Now, who will?

Michael