[CF-Devel] And almost a year later...

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Mar 6 00:03:14 CST 2001

      Hello...

         Some of you guys may possibly remember, back around may/june last

      year, I briefly (and perhaps a bit stupidly) subscribed to the list,

      in order to get out an idea or two I had had regarding random maps

      (and my thoughts on a variation, random quests with random quest

None of that has gotten done yet.  It's sorta simmering at the
bottom of my mind at low priority.  If you want to do it, I'll
advise you on how the random map generator works.

Since you came new layoutstyles have been added, mostly:
spirals, square spirals, snakelike layouts, and rogue-like layouts.

        Also, I've seen some of the screenshots for the DX client, with

      the PNG images. I'm sorry to say it, I mean no disrespect to the

      artist, but near all of the tiles I saw on them were AWFUL. I

There are many of us who like the xpm-style better.

I'm currently in the process of converting the old xpm art
into pngs, so that they can be used as an alternate png
set of art.

If you want to help me finish it up, I can give you complete
images for all the monsters and many buildings.  They'll need
to be split back up again into png, and a way found for alternate
images to be used instead of the default png images.

        What I'm really getting at here is, it is a very human way

      to deal with pictures, that usually things just *represent* actual

      things. I can see that the monsters in crossfire, and for that

I agree with you completely.  Others also have said that the
png set right now has serious problems.

PeterM