[CF-Devel] Crossfire on SuSE

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Wed Mar 7 06:17:37 CST 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      Andreas Vogl wrote:

      > Mark W. wrote:

      > > > Bug #1: cfclient crashes when resizing. [...]

      > > My guess from looking at the below is that there the problem is

      > > actually some memory corruption issue.  First question, is this

      > > highly reproducible?

      > Reproduction rate is 100%. In short words: Yes. =)

      > > Second, can you provide exact description on how to reproduce this?

      > I click on the the bottom-right (any) edge of the cfclient window, hold

      > the button pressed and do zig-zag with the mouse. After a few seconds

      > the client crashes.

      Hmmm.  Not able to reproduce this on my system.  Makes it hard to fix.

      Does your window manager/suse resize the program as you drag, or only

      when you finish dragging?  At least for me, the client will only get a

      resize event after the dragging is done, which may be why its different.

Your suspection is correct: In SuSE the window does resize while you drag.
That means cfclient gets a huge load of resize events when I do the
dragging (Even when I move the cursor slow).

Andreas V.