[CF-Devel] FW: Crossfire & Java

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Thu Mar 8 00:02:45 CST 2001

<snip>

      > Its really nothing other script editor don't do - its only a question of

      > design. There are MASS or

      > script editors out which does the same in much much more complex contexts.

       And ideally, this transformation language should be easy to understand so its

      easy for other people to make additions.

Could the arch types be put into xml? Use xerces-c for validating and parsing
them. Then we get a self-describing files that can:

	1. Be read easily by humans and computers
	2. Easily parsed in C, Java, Perl
	3. Keeps the coupling between server, editor and archetypes loose
	4. All sorts of wonderful things like xml2sql, cocoon, fop, etc

Since there are several projects out there that take XML and put them into C or
C++ (glade for instance), I think we could easily map XML to the Crossfire
Objects.

Yes?

--
Bob Tanner <