[CF-Devel] XPM-PNG image set completed! (mostly)

Peter Mardahl peterm at tesla.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sun Mar 11 14:44:37 CST 2001

Hello,

  I've created a facility by means of which some xpms or pngs
can be replaced with custom images.

  Here is how you use the alternate images:

1) From sourceforge,
   cvs checkout alternate_images
2) cd alternate_images; sh filename_changer
         (this links all files with - in them to files with that -
                replaced with _, which the server likes.)
3) Link the alternate images into your crossfire/lib directory:
  ln -s ../alternate_images .
4) make collect
5) make
6) make install

Now you will have installed the alternate image set.

You can *drop* any .xpm or .png replacement of anything mentioned in
bmaps.paths in alternate_images
and that image will prevail.

I think that we should get rid of .xpms and .xbms from crossfire now as
being obsolete.

PeterM