[CF-Devel] Pickup Code Revisited

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun Mar 11 23:08:32 CST 2001

 Generally, I say the idea seems fine.

 I might suggest using a 16 bit value for the density - give higher resolution,
but that may not be a big deal.

 But to me, the biggest issue on this would be to have a nice gui interface on
the client for  this.  While using the text entries is also nice (so it can be
bound to keys), getting a pop up or the like with the different object types and
current values for it could be nice.

 Also, while you don't directly address the point, I think legacy usage of the
old form should continue to be supported (ie, pickup 4 or the like) - a lot of
people may have various keys bound to certain things (or just know things out of
habit).

 You may also want a default value - ie, I may want value 15 for everything but
weapons and armor, which I want something different.  So some easy form to
support that would also be nice.