[CF-Devel] XPM-PNG image set completed! (mostly)

Sebastien Bracquemont dweeves at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 13:30:36 CST 2001

Hi,

I've got several ideas matching Mark Wedel's view.

     3)really move the image stuff to the client, with the server having >images

     really only because new archs/maps/images may get added faster than >the

     client

     gets updated.  With this, the server only needs one 'fallback' image >set.

Yes , i think it's the way to do the things.

I really think the game server don't have to be concerned by the display.
He's got only to handle positions, events , attributes of the maps,arch &
players.(the game logic)

It's the client responsibility to display the things.

A good thing i think is to have a "tile server" , separated from the game
server (in a logical way).

Clients could connect to the "tile server" to update their tilesets.
This server could be accessed by the artists to add their tiles.

The client will have to have an option to enable the player to get some new
tilesets. (cf Mark's modif nb 1 to the client)

One good thing is that the game server will only have to do game logic!

I think it has to be done for the 2.0 version (i don't know much about the
versionning policy).

I've got several other ideas for server,client and protocol but i need to
get deeper into the current implementation to see if they're relevant.

Sebastien Bracquemont.