[CF-Devel] Invisibility

Jochen Suckfuell crossfire at suckfuell.net
Tue Mar 13 16:44:50 CST 2001

Hi!

I downloaded the last CVS snapshot (03-13) and tested invisibility. It just
doesn't work for my dwarven wizard, no matter if I cast improved invisibility
or use the God Finger which makes permanently invisible.

I found the reason in the source: Invisibility doesn't work when you have a
light on! What light did I have?!
My god Valriel makes my player shine, so the monsters see me even if I'm
invisible. So this god makes invisibility obsolete.
But it was the same thing with another dwarf who has infravision by default.
This should make him see better in the dark, but he actually shouldn't emit
light that the monsters can see.

Another thing is players seeing me. If I have a light, they can make it out, so
my player should remain invisible just the same. It used to work in older
versions (0.94.3 namely). The patch I attached makes the player blink again (to
himself only) while he's invisible to other), which was the usual feature. I
hope this has not been removed on purpose?

Bye
Jochen

--
Bumper sticker:
        All the parts falling off this car are of the very finest

--- eMail

     jochen at suckfuell.net

      -----

     http://www.suckfuell.net/jochen/