[CF-Devel] Cfclient font on SuSE

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu Mar 15 21:59:40 CST 2001

Jochen Suckfuell wrote:

      Hi!

      I have the problem that the current cfclient doesn't use a fixed font on SuSE.

      An older cfclient version (0.95.8) does, so the font is there and working. But

      the new cfclient should have a fixed font defined as default (which he doesn't

      use), and even when I use the -font option, I don't get anything to change.

 It does - it has 8x13 as the default font, which should be fixed.  If that is
not a fixed font, then either your install or SuSE is screwed up.

      With the non-fixed font, the inventory is totally mangled, the item names are

      only displayed partially (e.g. I have seven "rings of").

      On my Mandrake box, the same client works fine! Anyone has an idea?

 See above.  Note that crossfire in no way verifies that fonts you supply are
fixed.  If you run with -font times for example (with the appropriate weight and
so on), the client will take it just fine, but it is not a fixed font.

 One enhancement made is that the client will look for x resources for the font
(cfclient.font).  if you have something like '*font:	times' in your .Xdefaults,
the x-server will supply that as the font for the client (and all other
applications) to use.