[CF-Devel] Poor interaction between random maps and temp maps

Peter Mardahl peterm at alfven.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Mar 31 14:29:54 CST 2001

Hello,

  Playing on metalforge with 97.0, I noticed this:
1)  Server crashes
2)  Random map files are saved
3)  Server restarts
4)  recycled temp random maps lead to VERY nasty and unpredictable random maps

the names are like /random/0000000001

if those get saved as temp maps and are recycled
and then the server crashes/restarts
the server will recycle the old maps into the current exit

I recommend that the server NEVER use a recycled tmp map for a random map
either that or we change the naming scheme for random maps
so that loading of the wrong old random map never happens.

PeterM