[CF-Devel] luxory manor

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Tue May 1 04:13:38 CDT 2001

      We got a key to the manor in Stoneville on our .98 server.

      However, the three beds on the right hand side of the manor show up as

      "damned".

      Can beds to reality be damned?  If so, how, and what does that do?  Is

      it something we did, perhaps?  We do a good bit of alchemical and

      polymorphing in there...

It is not the polymorphing code. In fact, every savebed has the "damned"
and "no_magic" flag set.
You surely have noticed that players get beamed on their last-applied
savebed after dying these days. Now imagine you are a wizard and cast
fireballs in a dungeon. Suddenly you die, but still your finger is on the
fire key. *Wooof* - Your whole apartment goes up in smoke.
Even worse: Sometimes players died in autofire mode and managed to
get themselves killed with their own spells about ten times in their
apartment afterwards.

This is the reason why savebeds have been set both damned (no prayers)
and no_magic (no spells).

Andreas V.