[CF-Devel] devoureres

dnh dnh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Sun May 6 01:30:26 CDT 2001

I request we seriously revise drain, currently it is COMPLETELY useless to
players, and COMPLETELY deadly against players. A while ago I suggested we
add life stealing, I think we should revisit that thought.

I was just mucking around with a devourers character and this is what I
found,

* Can't gain spell levels with any ease because of den fire
* Can't use physical because of drain (you only get half the exp for each
kill)
* Not only is disease to far away to get (avatar is crap) but any useful
spell is also way to hard to get.
* red death isn't much use without small pox (originally you could slow
everything with smallpox, then zap them with red death).
* general fighting is really screwed, protection spells and restoration
are repelled, fire -30, hp -1!.

When I first created the 'new pantheon' I hoped devourers would get some
serious meat in some respect (I really wanted to change drain to give
grace points + exp).  I think it is time we considered that possibility,
currently I can see 2/10 reasons to play devourers and 8/10 not to =).
Fair enough that some will be more powerful than others, but considering
undead is such a major area of crossfire I think the god of undead could
give alittle more =).

dnh