[CF-Devel] Bug report - The Divine Flower Bug

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Sun May 13 22:34:44 CDT 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Ouch.  This is an important abuse.

      Rather than apply your fix, how about disabling the stupid

      flowers?

      Many have complained about them.

 The flowers in general are just a nuisance (even for things like wonder spell
or fumbles).  It may be cute, but makes it very difficult to find things that
should not be that hard.

 But in this bug, I'm more curioius as th why the flowers have an experience
object.  My guess is that this is for things like wall of thorns, so the owner
gets proper credit, but since the flowers don't kill anything, this doesn't make
any sense.  And I imagine this bug will happen for any other spell that creates
objects that does damage that can be picked up
(to be honest, I don't know if there is anything else out there like that, but
who knows).

 So the better thing may be to make it such that if the object being created can
be picked up, the experience object point should get cleared.