[CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Thu May 17 02:19:28 CDT 2001

Michael Toennies wrote:

      I had think about this isometric changing in the past, so i can tell you

      that is will be easy

      to change client/server to this. 90% work are the gfx, the whole

      gameplay/server will be the same.

 As I said in another message, I personally don't like isomorphic looking
games.  There also seems to already be a lot of those out on the market.

 However, I'm never really against giving the user options.  So would it be
conceivable that using isomorphic vs tile view just becomes an option you supply
to the client?

 Would using isomorphic view actually require any real change in the server side
stuff?

 OTOH, if support for both iso and tile format, we're back to the same complaint
we have now - more than one format to draw for when adding new objects.

 So then realistically, we probably do need to decide what graphic form we want
to use.  But thats what this discussion is for.