[CF-Devel] Future of Crossfire

Mike Ponicki sniper at citilink.com
Thu May 17 14:09:50 CDT 2001

      >This client should be done for windows in priority and under GPL for faster

      >developpement.

      That I can't agree with. Why do you say 'for Windows in priority' ? To touch a

      greater number of potential players ? What I think here is that we must use a

      common cross-platform development environment, resulting in a client that may

      be compiled on both Windows and Unix systems without changes. Ever thought of

      libraries like ClanLib or SDL ?

     I agree, I think the client should be cross-platform compatible. SDL would
be a great idea. I can't say the same for ClanLib, as unlike SDL, ClanLib
has a lot of dependencies on other, external libraries (try compiling a
ClanLib-based game; you have to install at least one or two other sets of
libraries that the game uses). SDL is great tho'

-Sniper

     sniper at citilink.com