[CF-Devel] query command

Isak Styf oxygen at ludd.luth.se
Tue May 22 16:57:01 CDT 2001

Hi again.

Is it correctly assumed that a query command is handled
by sending the actual query in a drawinfo to the text screen,
and then just the prompt and query type in the query command?

If that really is so (it sure seems like it in the Protocol draft) I sure
wonder why. Why not send the the query text in the query packet?

This way the client can display a nice dialogue instead of just
outputting some text in the window and expect an answer.
By doing it this way the risk is high that the user dont notice
the query and just wonders whats up when nothing happens.

A dialogue that pops up would be much nicer in my opinion, but
that would require that the actual query is in the query packet and
not already written to the output area.

Comments?

    // Isak Styf