[CF-Devel] It is time to get rid of xpms and xbms

Mark Wedel mwedel at scruz.net
Wed May 23 01:32:17 CDT 2001

Peter Mardahl wrote:

      Both the standard png set and the alternate png set

      are ready now.

      The xpm set has been merged into the alternate set in

      large part.

      There's no longer any reason to keep these older formats

      around.  They increase the overhead to adding new art

      needlessly.

 I have no problem with the xbm and xpm going bye bye.

 We really need to figure out what to do with the two png sets.

 If they are going to remain seperate, some better form of support is desired.
Ideally the server could serve up both forms.

 This may become more or less an iso if we go to iso (if we support both forms
iso and overhead, then 2 image forms would still be needed, but the overhead png
may collapse into one set for simplicity).