Beholder players only at CSUA Re: [CF-Devel] New armour case

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Wed May 23 11:59:38 CDT 2001

Beholder players exist strictly as a local mod for fun on CSUA.
I have no plans on folding it into the main version.

In accord with that, I don't see much point in writing special
code to cater to beholders having several rings.

How fireborns use magic rings and amulets is a mystery.
The real reason is that if you deny them those abilities then
fireborn play becomes completely untenable.

PeterM

      First, off topic, I'm running the CVS version and I don't have beholder as

      a choice of race :(  How do I get that?

      Second, on topic, I think that is an excellent idea.  I was actually going

      to suggest it myself :)

      Third, odd question, anyone want to explain to me how fireborns wear rings

      and amulets?  They don't have hands, fingers, or necks :)

      --

      -- --

      Reeve the cat

      ----BEGIN FORTUNE----

      Whenever people agree with me, I always think I must be wrong.

      - Oscar Wilde

      ----END FORTUNE----

      crossfire-devel at lists.real-time.com