[CF-Devel] 25 by 25 instead of 11 by 11 map

Peter Mardahl peterm at tonks.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu May 24 17:51:01 CDT 2001

       This gets pretty tricky to do properly.  Things like teleporters taht just

      move you a few spaces will make such a system unusable.  I'd have to

The only way I see to do the 'fog of war' type of thing is to
extend the protocol to send a 'change map' message every
time the map is changed, and to send a 'player coordinates' every
time the player is moved.

The only drawback is that the client would have the extra information
of where exactly the player was on the map.

The client could then construct a map based on what data it is sent.

PeterM