[CF-Devel] Future crossfire changes/projects <Basic's ideas>

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Mon May 28 02:16:44 CDT 2001

Quoting Mark Wedel (

     mwedel at scruz.net

     ):

      Bob Tanner wrote:

      > Change: Convert archfiles to xml

       First, I note that currently more than just the archfile uses a commom format

       - the map file is basically the same as the archetypes file, as is player

       save files.  So at minimum, either legacy support for the older format is

       needed, or conversion tools would also need to be written.

       My biggest question on xerces is what is the performance like, and how is the

      data represented to the program using it.

How often is the parser called?

Xerces hands the parsed data off just like flex/bison. To can use callbacks to
plug in handler routines. So, it be be presented any way you want.
--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     http://www.mn-linux.org