[CF List] How do you pray on an alter?

Jasper Jongmans j.jongmans at aprogas.cx
Thu May 31 11:37:58 CDT 2001

On 2001/05/31 18:20 Trevor Jennings wrote:

       I know this is a very newbie question so I apologise for that. I was

      wondering

      how the heck do you pray at an altar? I've read the survival guide and

      manual

      and it mentions about what can be done with the different 'cults' and you

      pray

      to a god for special powers etc....but I'll be darned if I can figure out

      just

      HOW do you actually go about joining. Is it the 'use_skill praying'

      command?

``use_skill praying'' will only pray once, it would be more useful to
``ready_skill praying'' and then use the keybinding that is associated with
the fire command (usually . (dot)). Keep it pressed for a while (you will
see the text ``You pray'' or ``You pray over the altar of X'' alot of
times). Watch your grace and stop praying when it doesnt increase anymore
(at low levels this is at maxgrace, at higher levels this is at maxgrace*2
when praying over an altar). You can find a list of Gods and their
properties at <URI:

     http://mids.student.utwente.nl/~dnh/gods_pantheon/gods_pantheon_new.html

--
Jasper Jongmans