[CF-Devel] CF object structure (was RE: brief introduction)

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sat Oct 6 03:06:56 CDT 2001

On 06-Oct-01 Mark Wedel wrote:

       I do think the easier approach is to just clean up all those multiple

      meanings.  This may mean adding 20 or so new fields to the object structure,

      but

      see not above about memory not being that big an issue.  And of course, call

      these these new elements something that makes sense to their purpose, and not

      something like 'last_heal', which has some meaning for skill objects when

      using

      permanent experience (or food representing charges in a wand, etc).  Some of

      these things could have names that are used across object classes - you could

      add a field called 'uses', which could represent both the wand charges as

      well

      as how much a teleporter could get used (not that there is any functionality

      like that right now, but IMO, rather than things being use_once or use

      forever,

      having charges on other attributes would probably be useful).

I really like this idea the best.  I think it gets everyone what they want,
without having to rewrite the whole engine.

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS