[CF-Devel] Plea

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Sep 10 18:43:32 CDT 2001

Mark W. wrote:

      The two cases where I really prefer the alternate set over the

      standard set are the ninja (IMO, the main set are just broken or

      animations not quite right, as when they turn two the side, they

      appear really thin),

The left/right-headed-ninja has the exact same shape as other player
images like barbarian and monk. The animation is correct, and
so are proportions and perspecive IMO.

      and the skull.  The skull is probably a matter

      of preferance and I should just copy a good skull (ie, alt set) into

      my gfx directory. I've just been killed more than a few times by

      skulls because I didn't pick out their tiny image in all the stuff

      on the map, and before I notice them I'm confused and then toasted

      by lightning.

I never had troubles spotting skulls as they are white with a thin
black frame.

In general I think for such cases putting the preferred image in the
gfx dir is the best option. And when there is a definite majority of
people who dislike a certain image, I'd still prefer having it redrawn
rather than taking one from the alternate set with wrong style/perspective.

Andreas V.