[CF-Devel] [Question] How to submit larger map fixes

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Mon Sep 17 11:54:04 CDT 2001

      Hi,

      the maps in /esben have no background graphics. In the GTK-client

      using png (Version 1.0.0 up to current CVS) this garbles the display

      when  the character enters the map and moves around.

      I fixed the maps using crossedit, and they can be played fine now (you

      can test this by logging in to bratwurst.unix-ag.uni-kl.de and checking

      the ruins north of navar city).

      The changes alter the map files a bit, and a patch would be quite large.

      Is there a way to submit those changes other than posting a patch?

Sending large map patches to cf-devel is indeed not a good thing
to do. Just come to the IRC channel #crossfire on irc.openprojects.net.
There you can show the maps to some developer, and if they're good,
the maps can get checked in to cvs.

I want to note that these esben maps (like most others with missing
floors) suck *real* hard. Of course adding floor is better than
leaving them in their current state. However - if you feel creative -
best would be to replace them with something completely new.

Andreas V.