[CF-Devel] patch for generators to create special ability monsters

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Apr 16 01:02:11 CDT 2002

Norbert Irmer wrote:

      Sorry, i was bit unclear in my last message.

      I meant, how can i inform the server that a certain MULTIPART object

      IS the inventory of another object.

  It shouldn't be any different than if the object was a non multipart object.
However, the load code doesn't support multipart objects in the inventory.

I don't think the code to support this is very extensive.  I think all that
needs to be changed is around line 235 in loader - it should check the return
value for lex_load - if LL_MORE is returned, it then needs to link with the
previous part.  The only problem as I see is that lex_load isn't keep tracking
of the last object.  Fortunately, insert_ob_in_ob is simplified to the extent
that the last object inserted will be in parent->inv, so linking it in should be
easy enough - as long as the behaviour of insert_ob_in_ob doesn't change.

There are also potential programs if the object is merged with something else, but that shouldn't ever happen with multipart objects.