[CF-Devel] Compiling crossfire 1.1.0 on HPUX

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Apr 23 23:26:14 CDT 2002

Karl-Jose Filler wrote:

      Hi

      I'm trying to get crossfire running on an old HP box, the old one 0.9x ran fine

      but it's gone ...

      No I try to get 1.1 running (first compiling) but

      include/plugin.h

      contains

      #include <dlfcn.h>

      and this file I cannot find on my HP.

      Am I the first one to put this on HP-UX, or are there any hints how to do it ?

  You may very well be the first to try to compile on HP-UX in recent history.

  the dlfcn.h file is part of the dynamic linking.  I don't know anything about
HP-UX - it seems pretty obvious that you are missing that file in the includes -
it may be called something else, or dynamic loading may be not well supported,
or it may use another set of interfaces.

  Unfortunately, my linux distribution doesn't appear to have any man pages on
the dl routes.  My first thought would be to just try commenting it out, and see
what happens.  Taking a quick look at the plugin_python.c file, I don't see any
direct references to the dl routines.