[CF-Devel] suggestion for flying

Todd Mitchell temitchell at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 28 01:11:14 CDT 2002

Sorry I should have been more clear about what I was talking about- that's a
problem with mulling I suppose.  I was quoting MW in his response to someone
asking how to make a fly over but no pass for walking object .  I was at the
same time trying to make a split level map, so I latched onto this.  I
thought I should suggest it in this forum as a potential game improvement.
It would be really nice to have a flight pass flag since it would allow for
some neat maps.  It might also be nice to include other pass conditions in
the same change if anyone can think of any they would want (moving in the
astral plane, shadow walking for ninjas only, swimming, the super secret
shuffle...) rather than doing it again later.  I just thought the
no_fly_pass flag was a great idea.   I would be willing to help if there is
anything I could do (test it, modify the arc files...) but the actual coding
is beyond me (although I would like to learn).   The hard part as MW says
would be having the monsters be able to use these pass conditions to attack.