[CF-Devel] Bugs in 1.3 with fixes

Tim Rightnour root at garbled.net
Sat Aug 31 10:39:17 CDT 2002

On 23-Aug-02 Kurt Fitzner wrote:

       This proved interesting.  There

      are a few bugs in the server that don't matter so much in Linux, though I'm

      sure they are showing up as intermitant crashes.

This is what is called the gun-on-the-bus syndrome.  If you get on a bus and
fire three shots at random vectors, you may or may not hit something.  If you
keep getitng on different busses, and firing at those same vectors, eventually
you will blow up a bus.

This is why I like doing debugging on alphas.. It's like having a bus made out
of nitroglycerine.  The more OS's and machine types we attempt to run on, the
more stuff like this will show up.  (which is good, especially when patches
arrive)

As a side.. no.. I haven't tried crossfire on my alpha yet.  Perhaps I should..

---
Tim Rightnour <

     root at garbled.net

NetBSD: Free multi-architecture OS