[CF-Devel] Protocol Questions (Server to Client)

Bjoern Becker xanathos at xanathos.de
Sat Aug 31 13:56:14 CDT 2002

Mark Wedel wrote:

      I'm currently working on the S2C Protocol of the Win-Client I'm coding.

      While browsing through the Docs that came with the Server Source some

      questions arose :

       Unless there is good reason not to do so (eg, you want to keep your

      client closed source), I would strongly suggest you look at the common

      directory in the 'unix' client.  That directory, which generates a

      library that handles most all the packet communication, but makes calls

      to the graphical/more machine specific areas.  The common area should

      hopefully be pretty cross platform.

At the moment i want the source to be closed. But later i will release
it under GPL.
Hmmm. Is it possible to use the newclient.h or would that
force me to GPL now ?

       If there are specific commands that you need info on, let me know and

      I'll look and find out how many they are in fact using.

Ok. Thanks for the Infos.

--
  Qapla'