[CF-Devel] CFEditor cleaning up

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Fri Aug 2 13:53:57 CDT 2002

Quoting Andreas Vogl (

     andi.vogl at gmx.net

     ):

      2. About package names

      First of all, you cannot delete directorys in CVS. Thanks

Not true. Just make sure all the contents are out of the directory. Then cd to
the parent directory, rmdir the now empty directory, then cvs rm the now empty
directory.

When you update, cvs update -d -P <- that will prune empty directories.

      to Bob Tanner there's already a load of unused empty directorys

      on CVS. Moving between directorys in CVS is a royal pain -

      so much for flexibility.

      I don't want clicking through all those subdirs either.

Can you identify the "load" of empty directories? I show 11 directories total,
all of the have important stuff in them.

      Third, what if the used domain-name stops to support Crossfire?

      What if the main site switches? Then we have to

      move all those directorys again. We're not a company

      owning our domain after all.

I say org.crossfire, I don't want com.realtime listed anywhere in there either.

      3. Releases

      There can be two releases. The "developer release" which is

      effectively a copy from CVS, and the "mapmaker release" which

I asked for this months ago. I wanted to branch the client into a stable and
developer branch, but was told there was no need not enough developers.

Ironic how you recommend a branch now.

--
Bob Tanner <

     tanner at real-time.com

     >         | Phone : (952)943-8700

     http://www.mn-linux.org,

      Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500

     http://www.tcwug.org,

      Minnesota, Wireless | Coding isn't a crime.
Key fingerprint = AB15 0BDF BCDE 4369 5B42  1973 7CF1 A709 2CC1 B288