[CF List] adjusting font size for client

Florian Leitner flo at chello.at
Tue Aug 6 09:28:54 CDT 2002

Hi Mark,

THX loads for ths tip - works just fine - although the display is puristic
- anyway, I love that (my favorite browser is w3m, too... :)

-flo

      Florian Leitner wrote:

      > Hi there,

      > I am new to cf and am in some troube - I'm on holiday, naturally with my

      > (pure) linuz laptop, but as it is quite old, it only has 12' display...

      > still I'd love to play cf in an relaxed env - don't like all this window

      > switching so much...

      > Therefor I would like to adjust the font size of the client window(s) to 8

      > pt or so. But even after downloading the gtk sources form sourceforge.net

      > for version 1.3.1 I could not find a single hint how to do that. There

      > only seem to be these two 'classic' and 'standard' fonts - which do not

      > make any diff... can smbdy help, please?!

        When you say 'font', I'm presuming you mean the text font, and not the

      graphical images.

        Unfortunately, it appears there is no option in the GTK client to change it.

      I'm sure there probably is a way, but I'm not familiar with it.

        The x11 client (cfclient) does support a -font option, so you can give it a

      different font name (that is a smaller font).  This presumes that the x11 is a

      workable solution for you.

      crossfire-list at lists.real-time.com