[CF List] The 'dis'economy of crossfire

Juan Segarra jsegarraf at terra.es
Sun Aug 25 08:22:30 CDT 2002

I have some comments too.
First, I think that the cost of a guild is very very low. Think that it
cost 10000 plat to remove the wall in the Scorn apartments, and one
guild cost just 20000. This means that now is not profitable to remove
that wall. With less money each three players, they can buy a guild.
There are a limited number of guilds, so I think its value should be
much higher. Also, I think that these so expensive thinks should be paid
with diamonds of flawless beauty instead of diamonds. In the gems shop
in the lake country there are always 6 diamonds of flawless beauty
available, so it's not hard to buy one each time you have 8000-9000 plat.

I also think that another type of house should be added. It's very funny
to "upgrade" a guild finding the objects for town portals and other
furniture, so I think this should be done with other houses also. I
mean, there are inns for free. Then, the current apartments could be
considered as a cheap house (just 1000 gold) so probably it should be
lowered the money to remove the wall. It could be added another type of
"expensive" houses, but yet unipersonal, with some more portals to get,
etc. Something similar to the castle proposed by Christoph. And finally,
it would be the guilds, which I would make them much more expensive, to
represent a real cost for a high level player. I think something between
100 and 300 diamonds of flawless beauty would be adecuate.

I also agree about introducing travel costs, although that would affect
mostly at low levels, because at high levels it's faster a word of
recall to the guild and a town portal to your destiny.
The renting solution is also very good, and it could serve also to
automatically remove unused apartments/guilds, I mean, those which are
not paid during some time are removed and all objects in it asigned to
the owner. Additionally, a "living" cost could be introduced, so that
each amount of time you automatically pay some amount of money, maybe
depending on the level. This would represent costs which are not
explicitely represented in the game.

I also agree about repairing equipment, I think that's a very good idea.

Just some more ideas

--
Juan Segarra