[CF-Devel] Invisibility bugs

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Sun Dec 1 00:33:13 CST 2002

Johnny Shelley wrote:

      Invisibilty on general seems to be broken. When cast as a spell, doubly

      so. Monsters without see_invisible 1 can see invisible players. When the

      spell is cast, it lasts a VERY short time, perhaps a few seconds at high

      levels. Previously, as a spell it was possible ot stay invisible for

      several minutes at high levels by recasting until you reached max

      duration.

  Finally got time to look into this.

  The max duration allowed by invisibility is 1000.  You can recast multiple
times to reach that duration.

Looking at the code, it appears the duration should be 300 + 20*level.  So if
your level 35, that should roughly max out duration.    level is the typical
level adjustement for skill, so also adjusted based on attunement and other details.

  However, one issue I see is that one tick of invisibility is used up each time
the player gets to go.  Thus, a fast players invisibility (say speed 1.0) will
last about 2 minutes, while it looks like a slower players invisibliy (say 0.1)
would last 10 times longer.

  I ran some tests, ans best I can tell, monsters were not seeing me - they
didn't move anyplace while I was invisible, and when I became invisible, started
charging after me.

  So I'd need more details on what monsters are improperly detecting the
character.  But from what I see, it is all working properly.