[CF-Devel] Minor bugs

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Tue Dec 3 01:51:00 CST 2002

Preston Crow wrote:

      Several minor issues:

      Giants don't throw boulders.  They have them; they just don't throw them.

  This is now fixed.  This got broken when the code was removed that caused
monsters to through misc junk (eg, coins, clubs, etc).  apparantly, it was that
same code that was responsible for them for throwing boulders.

     write_socket_buffer called when there is no data, fd=5

     Socket on fd 5 has overrun internal buffer - marking as dead

     Write_To_Socket called with dead socket

      That happened when stepping on a very large pile of objects.  The

      client received a stream of "That item is too heavy for you to pick

      up." messages before disconecting.  Perhaps the server should watch

      for sending the same message more than some number of times (like 50),

      and not send more than that many in a row.

  I've changed the 'That item is too heavy..' to not be a unique message - thus,
the server should group those together like it does with other messages.

      In the shop inventories, shoes and gloves list the (armour +10) and

      such, making for an ugly display.  Other items don't list their attributes.

      It would be nice if shop inventories would list "17 daggers" instead

      of "dagger" 17 times.  This would make shops easier to browse.

  I sort of combined those two points together - I've changed it so that it does
combine all the items of the same type together.  I also changed it so that it
uses the same query_base_name for all items, so it doesn't add the armor and
other details.

  I'm not sure if I like that list bit - for some items, you sort of want that
extra information.