[CF-Devel] CVS commit: CFJavaEditor

Andreas Vogl andi.vogl at gmx.net
Sat Jan 19 08:28:07 CST 2002

I have the impression that the discussion leads not much further
at this point. I'm willing to accept the changes to package name
and jar-file policy for now. Please fix the formating in return
(not today, just when you have time).
I'll try to be around on IRC in my spare time the
next days. Maybe we can have a chat there.

I'm sorry if my tone was a bit harsh or unfriendly,
I did not mean to be.
The only thing that bothered me about the whole issue is
the fact that you committed major structural changes whithout
notice. I think I am the third person in this month to complain
about such an incident.

In the CFJavaEditor code, the online help and the "about"-menu,
you'll find Michael Toennies and me stated as Developers,
Maintainers and even Copyright holders of the CFJavaEditor.
We are not claiming to "own" the code, but I think at least
being informed about important changes before the cvs commit is
not asking too much.
And for that purpose, the cf-devel mailing list exists.

I don't know why people keep ignoring the mailing list.
Maybe it's the fear of changes getting rejected when asking.
Personally I guarantee that I'm much more willing to accept
changes when asked peacefully and reasonably *before* the commit.

Andreas V.