[CF-Devel] server patch: damned exits

Mark Wedel mwedel at sonic.net
Wed Jan 23 02:04:33 CST 2002

Joris Bontje wrote:

      Oh no, another patch from me, when will it end :)

      Server patch:

      Damned exits change savebed location

      This patch allows you to change the savebed location of a player in

      your map without the need for the player to apply a savebed.

      I have written this to restrict espaces from the jail map

      (local map on my server) by dying. I also hope that this will help

      linking the nethack mapset, because now players cant cheat anymore and

      escape with WoR, TownPortal or dying.

 <snip>

      Current problems (that I know of):

      -The remove Town Portal code just removes a force in your inventory,

      it doesnt remove existing townportals.

      -The name for the force is a define, the same define appears in the

      town portal code in spell_effect.c I think that they both need to

      be in a headerfile. (which one?)

 Its sort of odd the way it does it.

 Looking more closely at the portal code, it probably would have made more sense
to have 2 portal archs - one source, one dest, and then more of the builtin
functions could get used.  It also would have been better if the portal code
didn't use op->slaying to hold that tag - it would have made life easier when
debugging exit logic, as then it would have followed the scheme.

 In any case, to answer your question, those defines would probably be best
placed in spells.h.

 Your code otherwise looks fine.